Hello! Yesterday I finally went on my summer break! This means it’s officially summer (for me at least) and I have a lot of books I want to get to this summer. But I have managed to do a shorter list of the books I want to read summer 2016, with the books I am incredible excited to finally read.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Goodreads synopsis: The year is 1945. Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is just back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach—an “outlander”—in a Scotland torn by war and raiding border clans in the year of Our Lord…1743.
Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into the intrigues of lairds and spies that may threaten her life, and shatter her heart. For here James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, shows her a love so absolute that Claire becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire—and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
I been wanting to read this book ever since I started to follow Sasha @ Abookutopia on youtube. She completely loves this book and it makes me excited to read it. The book have been waiting for me on my bookshelf since December but I have not gotten around to it yet because it’s huge. Although the story seems si interesting and I’m almost certain I will love it.
The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
Goodreads synopsis: THEY WILL BE TESTED
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets – and human lives.
Their forbidden romance exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s bestselling Bloodlines series.
When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, she and Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world and alter their lives forever.
I really want to read this book and I really don’t want to read this book. It’s the final of the Bloodline series and probably the final of this world. I don’t know if I’m ready to say goodbye but I want to know how it all ends…
Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling
I know this is not one book but… I have now read the first four and I want to read the last three. Since they’re all hefty books I’ve been saving them for summer. But I am so excited to read them all and I hope I love them as much as I loved the others.
Lola and the boy next door by Stephanie Perkins
Goodreads synopsis: Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
About a week ago I just got this feeling that I really wanted to read this book. I don’t know why but I just did so I will definitely read this book soon.
The sisterhood of traveling pants by Ann Brashares
Goodreads synopsis: FOUR VERY DIFFERENT FRIENDS. ONE PAIR OF MAGICAL PANTS. AND A SUMMER APART …
We, the Sisterhood, hereby instate the following rules to govern the use of the Traveling Pants:
1. You must never wash the Pants.
2. You must never double-cuff the Pants. It’s tacky. There will never be a time when this will not be tacky.
3. You must never say the word “phat” while wearing the Pants. You must also never think “I am fat” while wearing the Pants.
4. You must never let a boy take off the Pants (although you may take them off yourself in his presence).
5. You must not pick your nose while wearing the Pants. You may, however, scratch casually your nostril while really kind of picking.
6. Upon our reunion, you must follow the proper procedures for documenting your time in the Pants.
7. You must write to your Sisters throughout the summer, no matter how much fun you are having without them.
8. You must pass the Pants along to your Sister according to the specifications set down by the Sisterhood. Failures to comply will result in a sever spanking upon our reunion.
9. You must not wear the Pants with a tucked-in shirt and belt. See rule #2.
10. Remember: Pants = love. Love your pals. Love yourself.
I loved the movie(s) and I been wanting to read this book for years. I rewatched the movie this year which made me very excited again to read the book and I think it’s perfect for summer.
Thanks for reading and I wish you a good day! 😀